Re: 12'' Aluminium G4 PowerBook dilemma

Hello,

Linux kernels are still not booting on my 12" G4 1.5GHz Powerbook 6,8.
To recap the situation, the kernels I've tried to boot haven't gone
past "setup_arch:bootmem" since 2.6.11.12, which works fine.  2.6.12
through 2.6.15-rc1 do not.  I've been trying various .configs,
including those from people with the very same model who, oddly
enough, are running 2.6.1[2-5] kernels.  I've also tried precompiled,
kernels from the newer distribution CDs (gentoo 2005.1, slackintosh
10.2, and a debian kernel or two) but these also stop early in the
boot process.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't bother so much with having the latest kernel
version, but I'd like to be able to suspend to disk.  Any suggestions,
hints, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

g.y.

--
Guy Yasko -- gyasko@sympatico.ca