Re: quik

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 08:56 +0200, pc wrote:

> Hi, Quik make my  lost my installation - 2nd times-
>
> How is corect command to update kernel in /etc/quik.conf ?
>

> Thanks
>
> System powerpc , 604e processor, 7200-8500
> OS woody first , sarge second
> 2.2.20 first kernel , 2.6.8  second
>
> History: Installation is recent, one week, but the only floppies I can use was for woody...

It shouldn't make you "lose" your installation, you can always use
either BootX from MacOS, miboot, or even netboot. Those oldworld
machines generally netboot fine with a simple bootp + tftp server using
"boot enet:" in OF

On the 8500 at least, there is an OF patch floating around that even
makes OF video work.

Oh, and next time, please post from a real email address...

Ben.