Re: IDE LED support on powerpc

According to Benjamin Herrenschmidt, on Sat, 12 Nov 2005
10:55:10 +1100,
>On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 21:45 +1000, Cedric Pradalier wrote:
>
>> I was the one working on a patch.
>> The main issue was that Ben wanted to attach it to the IDE
>> driver in /sys. I could not find how to do it properly but
>> I can find back the patch.
>
>Look at include/linux/device.h, look for device_attribute. You should be
>able to create a device attribute and attach it to the struct device
>that is either in the pci_dev or the macio_dev (depending on what type
>of probing it's using).
>
>> For a command line parameter:
>> http://cedric.pradalier.free.fr/ibook2/pmac-rtblink.diff.gz

I've just remarked this is a inversed patch by the way.
Sorry.

>> Also for a sysctl entry in /sys/devices/ide-pmac/blinking_led
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/12/msg00182.html
>>
>> This was againt 2.6.9

Hi,

I know I will not find some time to do this in the next
couple of month (at least). If someone is ready to do that,
please use the sources above, and the discussion thread we
had last year as a starting point.

I can see to things to do:
- fuse the patches (and reverse it :) )
- adapt to current kernel
- attach to the pci_dev or macio_dev as required. I think
the pmac-rtblink.diff was starting to do that.

I apologize for not being able to continue.

--
Cedric