Re: IDE LED support on powerpc

According to Michael Schmitz, on Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:55:05
+0100 (CET),
>> About a year ago I remember having tried to make BLINK_IDE a sysctl option.
>>
>> It was very simple to replace the compilation option (#define) with a
>> variable.  The problem I had (and I didn't succeed to solve it) is how
>> to link this variable to a sysctl option :o(  Also, I asked myself about
>
>Look at (for instance) therm_adt746x driver source for examples.
>
>> how can I avoid the following race condition: when someone modify the
>> sysctl option, the led is on state on.
>
>Postpone the actual state change until the time when the LED gets switched
>off again, then disable the whole thing.
>
>	Michael

I was the one working on a patch.
The main issue was that Ben wanted to attach it to the IDE
driver in /sys. I could not find how to do it properly but
I can find back the patch.

For a command line parameter:
http://cedric.pradalier.free.fr/ibook2/pmac-rtblink.diff.gz

Also for a sysctl entry in /sys/devices/ide-pmac/blinking_led
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/12/msg00182.html

This was againt 2.6.9

There was not a huge motivation so I let it be... I'm not
very pushy so the patch I make tend to sink into
oblivion... remember the adm103x thermal driver for ibook2?

;)
--
Cedric