Re: about apple centers [was: Re: joy. AirPort Extreme]

have you contacted the hospital yet about having your arm and
leg removed?
i kind of missed the joke here. but no, fortunately not yet :-)
i guess you meant they would be reluctant at doing it.

as in they charge you an arm and a leg. ie heaps.

those things off the shelf. and my ibook was just junk without
it. although very classy junk)

luckily my machine is still under warranty, so i could argue with them
without talking money. but then, running only linux on it made them look
at me as a second class citizen.

yeah the service centre thought debian was like a theme for osx. i just
told them to go ahead and format if they wanted. the sales rep at the
store (who was pleasant enough to deal with) just couldnt stop asking
questions about linux on mac.

but once again the service centre were idiots. even if i told them
the root password, gdm wouldnt let them log in and then wmake is a
little bit tougher than gnome ;)

after 4 weeks, i went to fetch the machine. 6 hours later i could
reproduce the bug. after playing with it a bit, i couldn't boot anymore,
and scanning the hd made the osx cd crash.

the round trip for me was terrible as well. they actually shipped
it from the store to the service centre. from there the service
centre called me again because they couldnt work out the problem.
(ie you plug it in and it doesnt actually charge the battery)

that said, the apple store its self was most pleasant to deal
with and they installed the 512mb ram i bought for free, (figured
i may as well max is out while it was in there) and apple store
also ordered the battery for me and we all had a laugh at the
repair place for their stupid quote.

i will try to stay polite tomorrow, but having to do their own work and
seeing them still doubting of mine did not make me very happy.

be nice to the sales plebs. they dont know anything anyway. its
the tech guys that *should* know something that you can abuse.

Dean