Re: joy. AirPort Extreme

have you contacted the hospital yet about having your arm and
leg removed?

apple repairs wanted to charge me au$500 for a replacement
battery. which goes for au$180 on the au apple store.
thats after charging me over $100 to install a $20 replacement
power board (which i begrudgingly paid as you cant get
those things off the shelf. and my ibook was just junk without
it. although very classy junk)

all that on top of charging me just to look at it!
and i already told them what was wrong and what was needed
to be replaced.

that said, the apple store its self was most pleasant to deal
with and they installed the 512mb ram i bought for free, (figured
i may as well max is out while it was in there) and apple store
also ordered the battery for me and we all had a laugh at the
repair place for their stupid quote.

sorry, good work on the drivers though.

Dean

(ps. i think the quote was because the actual battery is now
long gone. although new batteries are exactly the same, with
a different part number)

Kudos to both groups for the great work you did !

I will be very happy to try crashing my machine with the test driver as
soon as tomorrow, if the useless apple center i gave my machine to
repair are done with hijacking it :)

ciao, piem