Re: Terminal problems

Jack Malmostoso wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:30:11 +0100, Mike S wrote:

Has anyone used apt-get source or dpkg-buildpackage to compile sid lately?

I did, cause I needed Beagle that is just i386. But why in the world would
you want to do that?
In answer to your question, I do that because not everyone has the same exact system, not every build environment is the same, so when you compile on your machine you know that it tailored for your machine. plus I just came off gentoo, and often times compiling a package is quicker than downloading it for me.

Btw, my Beagle package compiled perfectly and works perfectly, so I guess
your problem is package related. I did this, in case it helps:

# apt-get source $package
# dpkg-source -x $package.dsc
# cd $package_X.X.XX
# dpkg-checkbuilddeps
# debuild -us -uc -b
# dpkg -i ../$package_X.X.XX-powerpc.deb

--Mike S