Re: It's a known bug [Re: Strange deconnections of Cisco 350 series CardBus network card on new kernels]

> Concerning your other remarks in the bug report (i.e. the Cisco Aironet
> freezing the computer), I can confirm lots of problems with that card.
>
> I currently run 2.6.8 self-compiled from the Debian sources. With that
> kernel I have not had any freeze for the last 20 or so sleep cycles.
>
> However, I need to ifdown, ifup the card after sleep: it seems the
> settings are not all retained over sleep.
>
> I've not tried ejecting the card with this kernel version, but normally
> that is a sure way to freeze.

I had such a card for a week a couple of years ago, and had similar
instability problems. I remember back then spending time fixing all sort
of junk in the driver, not sure if those fixes ever made it upstream, or
maybe they got undone... I don't have time to look into it again tho.

Ben.