Re: Ctrl-Option-F1 etc does not switch to console

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 12:15:25PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 09:06 -0400, Tamas K Papp wrote:
> > Since I upgraded to the xorg xserver, Ctrl-Alt-F1 does not switch to
> > the console.
>
> This is usually caused by XKB being disabled for some reason. Did you
> upgrade just xserver-xorg or also the rest of X, in particular
> xbase-clients and xlibs{,-data}? If the latter, some people reported
> that rebooting fixed it for them...
>
> If none of this helps, please provide your X server config and log
> files.

Michel,

I had to change the keyboard type to macintosh (it was pc) and now it
is working fine.

The only issue I could not solve is swapping the Alt and Option keys,
which I wanted to do but had to use Xmodmap for it.  I was told that
it can be done using xorg.conf but I could not find out how.

Tamas

--
Bayesian statistics is difficult in the sense that thinking is difficult.
--Donald A. Berry, American Statistician 51:242 (1997)