Re: 2.6.14-rc5 uploaded to experimental available at http://people.debian.org/~luther/2.6.14-rc5

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 09:45:52PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Sven Luther declared on Sunday 30 October 2005 07:07 pm:
> > On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:15:38PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > > Sven Luther declared on Sunday 30 October 2005 03:16 pm:

> > > As I said in my other email, I couldn't install using the sarge
> > > netboot installer (missing yaboot binary and config, and the woody
> > > yaboot wouldn't load the initrd.gz that is available for
> > > netbooting).  So, I installed woody, and dist-upgraded to testing.
> >
> > You did file an installation report though, right ?
>
> Just did now.
>
> > > I've tried installing other 2.6 kernels, but (as I said before),
> > > they all kernel panic when loading the ide driver for the chipset on
> > > the machine (blue&white G3).
> >
> > Ah, yes, i remember that. Did you file a bug report against the kernel
> > for that ?
>
> No, because there's already a bug open about that, on 2.6.8 at least.  I
> guess I'll file one on 2.6.12-1 as I don't see an open bug report there.

Or a follow up nothing that this is also present in 2.6.12-1, CCing
control@bugs.debian.org, and starting the mail with the following lines :

clone <2.6.8 bug number> -1
reassign -1 linux-2.6
thanks

> I'll try out clean sources from kernel.org and see if they have the same
> bug present, and file an upstream bug with them if it is.

No chance for it to change, since we don't touch that driver, but yes it is a
good plan. Benh, can you comment on this ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther