Re: Xorg and DRI on Pismo

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 01:04 -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Oct 27 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > I need to dig out my venerable Pismo and have a look...
>
> Are the Pismo's this good that you all mention it with high praises? I
> would like to know, since I'd love to substitute a failing x86 notebook
> and I'm short of cash...

Ok, some cons then :)

 - They are fairly bulky compared to today notebooks
 - The firewire chip in there stinks
 - The G3 is not that fast, especially if you get the 400Mhz model,
don't expect playing DVDs especially since nobody yet has reverse
engineered the HW decoder stuff in the ATI chip
 - The r128 mobility chips isn't a race horse

Appart from these, it's a good machine, very reliable and quite solid.
Just a bit "old" nowadays ...

Ben.