Re: g5 install

> > Hi!
> >
> > I want to install osX and debian on a g5 (just one
> > disk).
> >
> > The partition table can be similar to a tibook?:
> >
> > hda1     Apple_partition_map Apple
> > hda2         Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap
> > hda3         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap
> > hda4         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root
> > hda5               Apple_HFS MacOS-X
> > hda6              Apple_Free
> >
> > Any hints, howto?
>
> Sure, use debian-installer and tell him to install
> in the free space or
> something such.
>
> > An iso image to do that?
>
> Either use debian/sarge installer, or wait a couple
> o days for the new
> debian/etch installer beta, or at least until
> 2.6.12-10 makes it into the
> archive and testing, and we build d-i images with
> it. I think this would be
> the case on friday or at the latest this WE.

Yesterday I tried:

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/debian-testing-powerpc-netinst.iso

Oct 23 and Oct 22.

both failed :(

both of them with the same problem:

It all began great (install64 video=ofonly), but when
installing the base sistem it give an error.  The
error is about initrd-tools. The system can't
authenticate that package?
(WARNING: untrusted versions of the following packages
will be installed!)

What kind of problem is that? What can i do?

Anyone knows about an image that works?

The installing problem:

The G5 is not mine. The owner is a friend of mine,
that lives in another city. Yesterday I went to that
city, tried to install, failed, and return to my own
city.
I'll back to that city to a second try nextweek, maybe
the weekend. So, i need a working image. I can't be
traveling until it is fullly installed. I have no time
to test new images. I need a working image.

And my friend is a little bit disapointed about linux,
so, this time it have to be a very good impresion.

Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com