Re: yaboot not coming up

i understand that from time to time updates can blow away yaboot also

just keep that procedure in mind. sure beats pc bioses though.

Dean

Joubin Moshrefzadeh wrote:
awesome!

thanks Dean, that did the trick...

On 10/6/05, *Dean Hamstead* <dean@bong.com.au <mailto:dean@bong.com.au>> wrote:

    thats real easy to fix, ill just wack some slashes on comments
    for clarity

    /*just get into the apples bios thingy (i know it has a real name...
    /*open firmware thats the one) by pressing at boot

    command + option + O + F/

    /*at the openfirmware prompt type the following

    boot hd:9,yaboot

    /*however your partition number will most likely vary

    /*you should then be in linux, then as root youll need
    /*to edit the /etc/yaboot.conf file to accomidate osx
    /*then at a prompt type

    ybin

    /* that should be all

    Dean