Re: iMac g3 and kernel 2.6.12 >=

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Is it possible that he suddenly is missing the drm module or something like
> that, and thus obviously gnome and stuff would feel much more slower.

Where i can find the drm module with make menuconfig?

> Wesker, can you post your /var/log/Xorg.0.conf file for us to look at ?

No problem:

# xorg.conf.dpkg-new (Xorg X Window System server configuration file)
#
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool,
using
# values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf.dpkg-new manual
page.
# (Type "man xorg.conf.dpkg-new" at the shell prompt.)
#
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades
*only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
# package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically
updated
# again, run the following commands as root:
#
#   cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.dpkg-new /etc/X11/xorg.conf.dpkg-new.custom
#   md5sum /etc/X11/xorg.conf.dpkg-new
>/var/lib/xfree86/xorg.conf.dpkg-new.md5sum
#   dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Section "Files"
        FontPath        "unix/:7100"                    # local font
server
        # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on
these
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Scheda video generica"
        Driver          "ati"
        Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Monitor Generico"
        Option          "DPMS"
        HorizSync       60-60
        VertRefresh     75-117
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Scheda video generica"
        Monitor         "Monitor Generico"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           1
                Modes           "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           4
                Modes           "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           8
                Modes           "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           15
                Modes           "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           16
                Modes           "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection

--
Quando ero piccolo pregavo ogni notte per avere una bicicletta nuova.
Poi ho capito che il Signore non fa questo genere di cose,