Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels

On Oct 05 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 07:50:20AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > Were are the dependencies for your miboot package, BTW?
>
> apt-cache show miboot :)

Thanks. :-) I'll take a note on this so that I don't forget it. :-)

> I think they are rsrce and mac-tools or something such, one is for
> hformat and stuff, the other for playing with the macos ressources.

Ok, I found them in unstable. And its mactools, BTW, for those looking
at the archives.

> > I see no problems with that if you just want to get something
> > functional.  OTOH, it probably doesn't help for further development
> > of boot images, I agree.
>
> It is not particularly more easy than the other method though, wich
> can be more nicely automated though.

I agree completely, Sven, but getting things working first is, perhaps,
one of Hans's priorities...

> > I have many things compiled into my own (oldworld) ppc kernel,
> > including two filesystems (ext2, ext3), the nic driver and other
> > things.
>
> Please make sure to look at the powerpc-miboot config and provide
> changes if needed.

I'll see that. Do you use an initrd? I avoid that like the plague, but I
understand that for a distribution kernel, that's the way to go.

> Please provide a bug report against linux-2.6 with them, it is too
> complicated to look for stuff on random lists, and i don't archive
> lkml locally anymore, since mutt barfed on my 40K email big mbox :)

Now, you've learned that you shouldn't use mbox for your mailbox. :-)

Ok, back to the topic, I will post my .config, so you can have it.

Hope this helps, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/