Re: Installing Debian on an iMac G5 - stable and testing d-i fail

Can you try booting the daily builds ? These are at :
  http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc64/netboot64/

or :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc64/cdrom64/

Get the initrd.gz and vmlinux on a cd or tftp boot server, write the adequate
yaboot.conf, and try them out.

So, I download both files, put them in the install/power4 directory of the cd image I already have and then I create a bootable CD. Is that right? I don't know how to create a bootable CD, I hope I find a howto on that for powerpc.

I guess I will have to use -G for mkisofs before I rebuild the cd image ... (help on that is appreciated)

Thanks! At least now I have something to try. And yes, I will let you know the outcome.

Eduardo.