Re: sudden power loss on tibook

Charles-Edouard Ruault wrote:
Jesus Climent wrote:

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 06:22:36PM +0200, stefan kersten wrote:

i think this has been reported before: on 2.6.11 my 1ghz
tibook occasionally suffers from complete power loss,
resulting in a hard shutdown. on reboot, the clock is reset.

Same here, on an iBookG4 12". It did not happen with 2.6.~8 but it is
happening with 2.6.12.

has this been fixed in more recent kernel versions (i've
already tried 2.6.12)? any suggestions for debugging the
problem?

2.6.12 has not solved the problem. And since i use debian kernels, i will have
to wait until 13 is released.

But yeah, it is happening here. And it sucks. The only way to keep my job is
to have an screen on another machine.

Hi All,
just for the record, i have the same problem on my powerbook G4 15" :
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447/7457, altivec supported
clock           : 612MHz
revision        : 0.1 (pvr 8002 0101)
bogomips        : 406.52
machine         : PowerBook5,2
motherboard     : PowerBook5,2 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (PowerBook G4 15")
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
memory          : 768MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

I'm running stock kernel 2.6.12.5 ( i think i've having the problem
since 2.6.12  ).
I'm running pbbuttonsd 0.7.1
I've not been able to locate the source of the problem but this is
indeed very annoying.

Hi everyone,
I thought I should report for the record that for me this problem persists in kernel 2.6.13 (self-compiled, with the recent pci patch). My machine is a powerbook 12" (powerbook 6,2).

Does anyone know if this has been brought up on the LKML? Would that be appropriate?

/james