Re: some way to start gtkbuttons at X startup

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:01:57 +0300
Eddy Petrisor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:

EP> Still, is there a way to have gtkbuttons _before_anybody_ logs in?

I don't know if this would work or not, but one possibility might be to
create a gtkbuttons entry in /etc/init.d and then link it in appropriate
runlevels so that it starts AFTER the display manager. Of course there
may be security implications for running gtkbuttons as root which would
make this inadvisable.

Any comments anyone?
	James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |