Re: some way to start gtkbuttons at X startup

On 4/21/05, Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:04:15 +0300
> Eddy Petrisor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to start automatically gtkbuttons at X startup?

my request was ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
to _start_ gtkbuttons when X or gdm starts.

> I think the only way to get rid of the KDE brightness popup it to

I don't use KDE, it was just an example.

> The easiest way to get gtkpbbuttons startet after login is to compile
> it with gnome session management (this should also work with KDE).

now we are getting somewhere...
how do I "compile it with gnome session management" ?
This would be nice enough.

Still, is there a way to have gtkbuttons _before_anybody_ logs in?

> Then it will connect to a session manager and after saving the current
> session it should always reapear after login.

Again the question: now do I compile it with session management?
Do I have to fiddle with the source? Will gtkbuttons need a patch?

> If gtkpbbuttons was compiled without support for session management,
> create a KDE link to gtkpbbuttons in your autostart directory.

Not applicable, I don't use KDE.

--
Regards,
EddyP