Re: Audacity recognizing eMac microphone

a monkey wrote:
Hey y'all. I've got a Debian/PPC installation on an eMac I just bought. Everything works fine - the X server, ALSA... except for one thing. I want to record my voice in Audacity, but it doesn't seem to be able to recognize my eMac's little built-in microphone (you know, the one at the upper-left hand corner of the eMac?). Any pointers would be appreciated. :)

I have the same problem on my powerbook.
When i insert the jack, there is no switching to the external mouse.
I saw that the detection is done digitally, not through a mechanical device, so I guess the stuff done for the headset should be done for the mic, too.

Ben, while you're on the also driver, could you take a look over this issue, too.

I will gladly assist with whatever info I can provide and/or help, although I haven't hacked the kernel by myself before :-) .

--
Regards,
EddyP