Audacity recognizing eMac microphone

Hey y'all. I've got a Debian/PPC installation on an eMac I just bought. Everything works fine - the X server, ALSA... except for one thing. I want to record my voice in Audacity, but it doesn't seem to be able to recognize my eMac's little built-in microphone (you know, the one at the upper-left hand corner of the eMac?). Any pointers would be appreciated. :)

--
Roses are red, violets are blue, and chimpanzees are 95 to 98.5 percent genetically identical to human beings.