Re: applying patch

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Tamas K Papp wrote:

Hi,

I want to try 2.6.12-rc2.  I downloaded and extracted the latest
2.6.11 from kernel.org, and tried to apply the 2.6.12-rc2 patch.  I
get messages like this:

Why don't you just get the kernel with bitkeeper?  It's not that hard.
Basically:
bk clone http://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5
cd linux-2.5
bk -r get
make config ...etc.

When you want to update your tree you just:
cd linux-2.5.x
bk pull

The only thing I have found is if you use make-kpkg on Debian it will bundle up all the sources in the bk tree for the source image. I haven't figured out how to extract just the source tarball from the bk tree.

Fred