Re: sleep works in 2.6.12-rc2 (was Re: applying patch)

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:05:36PM -0400, Tamas K Papp wrote:

> Thanks for your help.  I compiled a 2.6.12-rc2 kernel and I am happy
> to share that sleep now works on my powerbook5,4: the machine sleeps
> perfectly, wakes up perfectly, and usb devices are powered up every
> time.  I will test it more tomorrow, but it seems very sound.

OK, that was a bit premature ;-) I already found a glitch: if I
generate an USB event (eg click the buttons on the mouse) while the
machine is sleeping, it will try to wake up but the screen remains
blank.  If somebody on this list is on the kernel list too, and they
don't know already about this, please forward this (but I expect that
they would).

I can work around this by unplugging the mouse so I won't click it
accidentaly.  OS X would wake up from a mouse click, find that the
screen lid was closed and it would refuse to power it up (I had to
send it to sleep again), so now Linux is at least as good as that ;-)
And sleep is worth more than this minor inconvenience, which I am sure
will be resolved soon.

If there is any information I can collect from the machine and help,
please tell me.

Tamas