Re: Making boot process wait for recognition of device

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 09:56 +0100, Arnaud Delobelle wrote:
[snip]
* The kernel doesn't see the firewire HD when I power on the computer, only when I reboot it (but Open Firmware does see it in both cases). This really puzzles me...

Yes,  that is weird. You should send a dmesg output after power up to
the linux-1394 mailing list. Folks there might have a clue...

I have described my problem on this mailing list and a tiny patch to a file in drivers/ieee1394 sorted it :)

Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

At this rate I'll soon be able to move on from my FIXME list to the TODO one :)

--
Arnaud