Re: Making boot process wait for recognition of device

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

* The kernel doesn't see the firewire HD when I power on the computer, only when I reboot it (but Open Firmware does see it in both cases). This really puzzles me...

Yes,  that is weird. You should send a dmesg output after power up to
the linux-1394 mailing list. Folks there might have a clue...

That won't be too easy as the kernel panics because it can't mount / ! (All my partitions are on the firewire drive)

I'll see if I can figure out something...

--
Arnaud