Re: aty128fb

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 20:55 -0500, vinai wrote:
Does upstream 2.6.12-rc2 work for you ?

Ben.

Don't know.  I can give it a try tonight.  Where do I pull the
sources
for this kernel from ?

ftp.kernel.org

Ben.

Pulled the 2.6.11.6 sources and applied the .12-rc2 patch.  Still no
video after booting.  The last thing visible on the screen is:

setup_arch: bootmem
arch: exit

Hrm... and aty128fb is built into the kernel ? Very strange ... How many
connectors on you card ? Is the "other" connector working ?

Ben.

No - I do NOT have aty128 compiled in, neither static or as a module.  I
did not think dependencies work that way (i.e. it'd SEEM more logical if
newer hardware depended on older hardware, but not older hardware on the
drivers for the newer stuff).  I will compile it in and report back
tonight.

Also - the Mach64 card has 2 ports - a VGA port, and the old Mac-style
video port.  I haven't had a monitor with that type of connector for a
while (the old mac style) and I've been using a VGA LCD panel.  But I
will see if I can find an adaptor to let me use the VGA monitor on that
port and also report the results of that.

Thanks again Ben.

cheers
vinai

P.S.  The 2.6.12-rc2 fixed some other problems which I'll detail in my
      next note to deb-ppc.