Re: wireless for powerbook g4?

On Fri April 1 2005 02.05, Fergus McKenzie-Kay wrote:
> Hey,
> I'm trying to find a 802.11g (54g) wireless solution for my new
> powerbook G4.  I have recently tried to buy a Netgear WG511 because I
> had read some good feedback, but as is always the case they have again
> changed the version and it won't work.

> Has anyone had any luck (recently) with either a 802.11g PCMCIA/CardBus
> or USB dongle?  The problem that I keep running into is people find one
> that works but then the manufacturers release a different version with
> the same FCC ID etc.. and thus doesn't work.

I personaly (used) a d-link wl-122. It works with the linux-wlan-ng drivers,
or rather used to. As of kernel 2.6.11 the box just deadlocks as soon as I
try to configure it.
Unfortunatly pcmcia is not an option for me since I have a 12" powerbook. If
you happen to run across a usb dongle that works i'd be happy to hear your
expirience with it.

 - Folken