powerbook 6,8 progress and Airport issues!

Hi all!

i am quite exciting because i have managed to get a
compiled kernel to BOOT properly on my powerbook G4 ver 6,8
after almost 6 months, a few fruitless attempts in IRC and
a couple of messages to the list, The answer came in the form
of an amazing hack by Guy Yasko. I quote his reply:

Hello,
I can now boot 2.6.14.3.  I was able to do this after
I commented out the

pmac_tweak_clock_spreading(1);

line in arch/ppc/platforms/pmac_feature.c

This bit did the trick so that now i can enjoy things like
sound, touchpad with synaptics capabilites and so on
which make this powerbook really excellent!

Anyway, the most serious remaining issue is the Aiport thing!
Although I have compiled the required stuff from the recently
reversed engineered bcm project, and altough i can load the modules
and iwconfig sees correctly the interface (as eth2)
it cannot get assocciated with the access point!!!
I have tried static IP etc with no success.
Actually when i try to run

ifup eth2

what i get is

SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory

ie. the interface seems as if doesn't exist

Moreover this is what my dmesg reads regarding bcm43xx:

bcm43xx driver 0.0.1
bcm43xx: Chip ID 0x4306, rev 0x3
bcm43xx: Number of cores: 5
bcm43xx: Core 0: ID 0x800, rev 0x4, vendor 0x4243, enabled
bcm43xx: Core 1: ID 0x812, rev 0x5, vendor 0x4243, disabled
bcm43xx: Core 2: ID 0x80d, rev 0x2, vendor 0x4243, enabled
bcm43xx: Core 3: ID 0x807, rev 0x2, vendor 0x4243, disabled
bcm43xx: Core 4: ID 0x804, rev 0x9, vendor 0x4243, enabled
bcm43xx: PHY connected
bcm43xx: Detected PHY: Version: 2, Type 2, Revision 2
bcm43xx: Detected Radio:  ID: 2205017f (Manuf: 17f Ver: 2050 Rev: 2)
bcm43xx: Radio turned off
bcm43xx: Radio turned off
bcm43xx: PHY connected
bcm43xx: Error: Microcode "bcm43xx_microcode5.fw" not available or load
failed.
bcm43xx: PHY connected
bcm43xx: Error: Microcode "bcm43xx_microcode5.fw" not available or load
failed.

any ideas how to get through these errors???

thanks in advance and foremostly
for the power that  the community is!!!!
keep up the excellent work!!!!

Emmanuel Galatoulas