Can't install, no KBD (G4 Cube)

I'm trying to configure a G4 to dual-boot OSX & Debian. The HW works fine and I can readily boot into OS X.

Despite some problems with the instructions I've gotten to the point where I can yaboot into the Debian installer (sarge, 06-mar-2005). There is no keyboard or mouse. I cannot get past the first ''choose a language'' selection. The only thing I can do is reboot the machine.

How do I specify support for the Apple Pro (Black) USB keyboard and mouse?

And what do I do with that boot.img.gz? It's not referenced by neither the supplied yaboot.conf nor _any_ of the installation docs I could find. Why is it there?