Re: [ANN] Broadcom Wireless Chipsets reverse engineered

El lun, 05-12-2005 a las 13:40 +0100, Johannes Berg escribió:
> While a lot of work remains to be done (mostly on the softmac, read on),
> a bunch of people are actually using the driver under linux now to get
> access to the internet. So here's the official announcement:
>
> http://bcm-specs.sipsolutions.net/announcement.pdf
>
> The main berlios website is currently down, but the code can still be
> downloaded from svn://svn.berlios.de/bcm43xx/trunk/, and you can see the
> README (for example) at
> http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/bcm43xx/trunk/driver/README?op=file

Hi Johannes:

Here's my try:

1) Downloaded bcm43xx and softmac code

2) Tried to compile under 2.6.14.3:

    "Requirements
     ------------

     1)	Linux Kernel 2.6.14 or later..."

   and got lots of errors, until I read the compiler messages that I needed 2.6.15 or newer :)

3) Upgraded to 2.6.15-rc5 and both bcm43xx and softmac compiled and
loaded OK. I got a new ethernet interface called eth1. iwconfig shows
the essid of my network...but

4) I've configured my router to use dhcp and "dhclient  eth1" doesn't
get an IP address from the router. After several tries it says it has no
offers.

I don't know if this is expected to happen with this version of the
software...I mean I'll try later to give eth1 a static IP address and
see what happens.

Thanks for your work and the work of all the people involved in this
project.

A. Corbi