Re: etch graphical installer does not work on G5 PowerMac?
- To: Shyamal Prasad <email@example.com>
- Cc: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: etch graphical installer does not work on G5 PowerMac?
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:12:21 +1100
- Message-id: <1133734342.6100.99.camel@gaston>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20051202065845.GB30186@localhost.localdomain> <email@example.com>
On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 08:05 -0800, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
> Yes, it is an Nvidia GeForce card, unfortunately that is what Apple
> sells with these machines. I'll swap it when I can but for now I'm
> stuck with it.
> So, I tried the daily build. It boots fine, but the installer (more
> likely the fb itself) does not do anything useful with the nvidia
> card. It just flashes (white) the screen (black background) every few
> seconds. I can switch to a vt and use the shell, but the screen
> continues the flash at the same rate.
nvidiafb on recent kernels should work fine, as should the X "nv"