Re: Old world 2.6 kernel?

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 11:04:34AM -0800, Derek wrote:
> yep I didnt give it a initrd,didnt know about that.I gave bootx the
> initd from the debian netinstall cd and in the kernel arguments I put
> root=/dev/sd3 but I still get the same problem.Is there a certain

You have to give root=/dev/ram in order for the kernel to find the ramdisk,
obviously :)

But do you want to do an install, or just upgrade your kernel, because in the
second case, installing initrd-tools or yaird or initramfs-tools and setting
do_initrd=yes in /etc/kernel-img.conf will generate you your ramdisk.

Friendly,

Sven Luther