Re: Old world 2.6 kernel?

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:03:10PM -0800, Derek wrote:
> Hello,is it just me or does the kernel that comes with sarge not work
> on old world macs?The kernel works for the install,but it wont
> recognize my root partition.The 2.4 kernel works fine.Anyone else
> having this problem?

No. The problem you describe would be the result of booting the 2.6
kernel without the initrd. AFAIK the 2.4 kernel works without initrd.

Make certain that the 2.6 is given its initrd.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?