Re: xorg.conf (WAS: sudden power loss)

On 12/1/05, sascha brossmann <brsma.s@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/1/05, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell@gmail.com> wrote:
>  and Xorg won't let me switch to virtual consoles using keyboard commands.

have you set your keyboard type to 'macintosh' in xorg.conf? changing it to
'pc105' or 'pc104' might solve this. keyboard setup on the pbooks has quite
some atrocities to offer to the unsuspecting. ;-)

Under the first version of xorg that shipped with Ubuntu Hoary, I didn't have any trouble with the default settings. Under Breezy I have not yet found a keyboard configuration that allows ctr-alt-Fn terminal switching. Based on the resounding lack of response to the bug report I filed, I suspect it only bites some folks who upgraded. It did not affect the Intel box I upgraded.

I will try pc105 and pc104... thank you for the suggestion!