Re: etch graphical installer does not work on G5 PowerMac?

    john> Not sure if etch is the one on the netinstall CD?  Anyway, I
    john> got only the 64 bit version to install, but then it worked
    john> with nvidia on my G5 dual-2.0 Apple box. The latest YDL
    john> 4.0.91 (not free) also works with the nvidia card.

I don't believe you are using the graphical installer - the standard
etch netinstall CD does work with the G5.

    john> PS I i could still use some help with the boot loader?!

Download yaboot from sid and install it (with dpkg) and you can
probably work past that problem.

Cheers!
Shyamal