Re: AmigaOne 2.6.x Linux kernel port

Thanks for the warm welcome. :-) For now, my patches don't work correctly on
the AmigaOne. The patches seem to work correctly only for the Pegasos 1 with
a 2.6.8 kernel, which may be of interest to you (the author of PegXlin told
me so, as I mentioned in an earlier mail). AFAIK U-boot mkimage support is
already in the kernel compilation scripts, but I just used Ken Moffat's
patch file for the AmigaOne, so I can't give you a definite answer.

> BTW, i am curious, do you know the installed base of
> amigaones, now that they stopped producing them or so,
> they are not a number that is going to grow or something,
> right ? But then, we have apus support, and i know of 3
> users left for it :)
Well, even the AmigaOne users would like to know the answer to this
question! Your're right that they have stopped the production for now (I
think Eyetech couldn't get the CPUs for new microA1s) and you may also be
right that the number of A1 users is not going to grow (I think it will
shrink, because the users don't think about adequate cooling, which is a
must have for the AmigaOne!). Regarding APUS support: there are some
hardware extension for the classic Amigas in the queue (IIRC with a MPC5200
PowerPC) that should replace the old and dying Phase5 68k/PPC boards. So I
think this port has a right to exist even in the future. :-)

regards,

Gerhard