Re: AmigaOne 2.6.x Linux kernel port

Well, I grabbed it from U-boot too, so it would be fine, if you could
include it in the mkvmlinuz package. :-)

> As far as i understood, MAI kind of folded, and there is no Articia
> supply left. In any case i didn't see them advertize in the last
> two/three freescale shows, and when i spoke about the Articia to Mentor
> Arc in SNDF Dallas, they just laughed.
Hehe. :-) Even the ArticiaP isn't out yet, but engineering samples should be
available since the last year (as you may know)!
Fortunately we have now a successor for the AmigaOne, which is the Amy05
board (IIRC uses a Tundra northbrigde).

> That would be funny, do you know who is going to make them ? I wonder if
> it would not make more sense to do a real MPC5200 design (like the Efika
> board), and maybe add an FPGA to emulate the amiga chipset. Mmm, that
> would probably be a rather cool thing to do indeed.
AFAIK the board can be used with an Amiga1200, but can also work on it's
own, as AmigaOS4 doesn't need the original chipset. So it is more or less
something like the Efika design, but with an interface to the Amiga1200's
internal CPU slot.

regards,

Gerhard