Re: Powermac G3 graphics card question

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 09:19:20AM +0000, Robin Edwards wrote:
> I currently have a pci rage128 installed in my mac running sid. if i
> replaced this card with a pc pci graphics card (dual head would be
> ideal). would i beable to get this to working under linux. im aware
> that there are graphics card especially for macs, but id prefer to use
> a standard pc one if it will work.

I have successfully done that with a Matrox MGA PCI card on a Performa

There were no output from the card until linux booted, but that did
not bother me. For the card to give output before linux takes over, I
think it would have to be programmed with some OF-drivers or

Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?
A. My digital signature, see www.gnupg.org for info on how you could
   use it to ensure that this mail is from me and has not been
   altered on the way to you.