Re: Powermac G3 graphics card question

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 09:19:20AM +0000, Robin Edwards wrote:
> I currently have a pci rage128 installed in my mac running sid. if i
> replaced this card with a pc pci graphics card (dual head would be
> ideal). would i beable to get this to working under linux. im aware
> that there are graphics card especially for macs, but id prefer to use
> a standard pc one if it will work.

I have successfully done that with a Matrox MGA PCI card on a Performa
6400.

There were no output from the card until linux booted, but that did
not bother me. For the card to give output before linux takes over, I
think it would have to be programmed with some OF-drivers or
something.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?