Re: Can't find out patches

Roberto D. M. wrote:
> Thanx for considering this mail,
> I'm Rob from Italy and I'm trying to compile by myself
> j2sdk-1_4_2-src-scsl that I downloaded from sun.com as written in
> README.linux.src on blackdown.org.It tells to patch the sources with
> some diffs from the site that I can't find.
> Can you help me finding out 'em?
> Which one have I to use for  j2sdk-1_4_2-src-scsl?
> is this the right version?
> Is there a version of j2sdk working with firefox 1.0.7 for ppc ?
> I am using an iBook 14" with Ubuntu and Gnome2.6 + firefox 1.0.7 and gcc
> version 4.0.2 20050808 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.0.1-4ubuntu9).

You're probably better off using a free Java VM, e.g.

	jamvm
	sablevm
	gij
	cacao
	kaffe

and compiler, e.g.

	gcj
	jikes

on powerpc linux. Recent versions of these have very good 1.4 coverage.
If you simply can't stand the free goodness, I suggest looking at IBM's
powerpc linux JSDK. Sun doesn't distribute Java for this architecture.
--
Chris Burdess