Re: MythTV PPC

the main attraction might be that intel(amd etc) hardware is
generally cheaper. the ffmpeg codec also seems to perform better
on x86.

Sven Luther wrote:
On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 09:10:48PM +0100, Inge Eidem wrote:

Hi there folks

Is there a good way to install MythTV on a PowerPC based computer?
Or do i have to bye a intel/AMD cpu based Backbone?

No it does work, i have seen it by my own eyes. The compilation of mythtv for
powerpc needs some patches and other work though. I did some work on this, but
not sure if i finished it in the end though.

Sven Luther

WWW: http://deanpatrick.tk
LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL: dean@bong.com.au