Re: alsa busy after wakeup since 2.6.14.2

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 10:07:39AM +0100, Jorge Salamero Sanz wrote:
> hi all
>
> i've problems with alsa in my ibook2.2 since i upgraded to 2.6.14.2. i can't
> listen anything after a wakeup. this is the mplayer output:
>
> [AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or resource
> busy
> alsa-init: 1 soundcard found, using: default
> ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:819:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
> alsa-init: playback open error: Device or resource busy
>
> also alsaconf doesn't find any soundcard ! alsamixer finds the soundcard, but
> nothing else ...
>
> everthing worked with the last kernel ... what do you think ?

i also found a few whos with 2.6.14 and audio: running jackd -d oss and
going to sleep will cause a kernel panic on reboot (and give me few time
to write it down).

running 'jackd -d alsa', the machine can be put to sleep, but the mixer
volume seems to be set to 0 after waking up.

iirc, 2.6.11-rc5 + patches could go to sleep with jackd running in oss,
and on 2.6.12 jackd needed to be restarted.

cheers, piem