Re: cant install yaboot on G5

    Enrique> Hi!  Yesterday i tried to install debian on a new imac G5
    Enrique> (20").

    Enrique> [..deleted...]

    Enrique> With etch beta1 netinstall iso: install64
    Enrique> video=ofonly. everything wents ok, until finish install
    Enrique> base system. Then an error about can't install yaboot, so
    Enrique> system not bootable. yaboot complains about no "of
    Enrique> software" in sda2. Yaboot wants the ofpath. I tried with
    Enrique> several sizes 800k-12M. I reinstalled osX, then tried
    Enrique> again: same problem. I erase osX partition (just debian
    Enrique> partitions): same problem.

The ofpath command included with yaboot in etch does not work
correctly with 2.6.12 and later kernels on /dev/sda* devices. See

(I'd also filed a report on the etch installer for the resulting fault
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=339561 )

You *should* be able to download and install the yaboot package from
sid (which is supposed to fix the issue) to complete the installationm
by using the alternate terminal. I have not actually done this but I
cannot think why it would not work.

Cheers!
Shyamal