Re: sudden power loss (WAS: sudden power loss on tibook)

On 11/24/05, Michael Schmitz <schmitz@zirkon.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
The power loss most probably results from communication
between CPU and PMU breaking down, which should never be preempted by user
programs (speaking of which - does your kernel have preemption enabled?).

How do I tell? I don't see any such option in the config file (I'm using the latest stock Ubuntu 5.10 kernel -- 2.6.12-10-powerpc) and if it's a parameter to pass at boot time, I'm not adding it.