UDF-fs No partition found(1)

HI.

I re-installed the Sarge through netinstall, dual boot with OSX. I
recompiled the kernel 2.6.14.2 (the lastest), and it did not work, no
matter wat I tried.

So I found this page:
http://www.ncc.up.pt/~rvr/kh/kh.html

along woth several others, I followd the guides on the debian page:
http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/

It wass incredible how the kernel would not work. At first I thought I
gave it the wrong options, so I jest took the working kernel of the
first link, using the 2.6.14.2. That did not work either.
I though it was due to the newer kernel that the one the config was
made for. So I followed step by step the instuction and used the
2.6.12 of the guide.

NO WAY.
Then I found a discussion where it said to chose all the modules by
hand, that loading an external .config may cause some problems (never
heard before, but you never know...). And I did.

NO CHANCE.

I made the recompile correctly.

make menuconfig
make bzImage
make
make modules
make modules_install
cp bzImage /boot/vmlinux.new
ybin -v

this is my /etc/yaboot.conf
boot=/dev/hda2
device=/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/disk@0:
partition=4
root=/dev/hda4
timeout=30
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
enablecdboot
macosx=/dev/hda5
defaultos=linux
default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinux.new
        label=new
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img

image=/boot/vmlinux
        label=Linux
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img

image=/boot/vmlinux.old
        label=old
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img

The complete error says:

UDF-fs No partition found(1)
hotsync VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block(3,4)
http://www.google.it/search?q=hotsync+VFS%3A+unable+to+mount+root+fs+on+unknown+block&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial
In order to try to solve my problem I googled a lot through ML an BB,
Howtos, but I did not find satisfactory answers.

So I though I could ask you right away: does any of you have a working
.config (customised) for a powerbook 12 1.33Ghz?

Thanks.
Federico

--
  Federico Pistono
  Department of Computer Science - Verona, Italy