Re: pbbuttonsd vs. mouseemu

> > > Restarting pbbuttonsd "fixes" this. Restarting mouseemu breaks it again.
> > > Anybody else seen this? This is fairly old (USB 1.1) 12" PB.
> >
> > This is probably Bug #304734. Sorry, but as my PowerBook got stolen, I'm
> > currently unable to work on this. I just ordered a new one and will
> > hopefully find some time to work on mouseemu when it arrives. In the
> > meantime feel free to fix and NMU. The problem is to find a solution,
> > that does not break mouseemu (as does not reintroduce to passthrough of
> > the mouse button hotkeys).
>
> I think the main problem here is that mouseemu EVIOCGRAB all keyboard
> event devices and therefore block them for other programs like pbbuttonsd.
> Is it necessary that mouseemu block event devices?

mouseemu grabs keyboard events, but passes them on to a virtual keyboard
device that other applications can use. You need enough input event
devices for this to work.

Now that I checked this again: I modified mouseemu to _not_ grab the
keyboard for exclusive use, and removed the event passthrough in my
version. That does also seem to work ... I'll rebuild from pristine
sources to be sure, though.

	Michael