Re: pbbuttonsd vs. mouseemu

> > during bootup mouseemu starts before pbbuttonsd. After that pbbuttonsd
> > doesn't care about _any_ keyboard events. Brightness/Volume control,
> > etc. doesn't work.
> > Restarting pbbuttonsd "fixes" this. Restarting mouseemu breaks it again.
> > Anybody else seen this? This is fairly old (USB 1.1) 12" PB.
>
> This is probably Bug #304734. Sorry, but as my PowerBook got stolen, I'm
> currently unable to work on this. I just ordered a new one and will
> hopefully find some time to work on mouseemu when it arrives. In the
> meantime feel free to fix and NMU. The problem is to find a solution,
> that does not break mouseemu (as does not reintroduce to passthrough of
> the mouse button hotkeys).

I thought this was strictly event device availability - we need to make
both mouseemu and pbbuttonsd report details about the device scan. I have
mouseemu starting before pbbuttonsd with no ill effects. I recall I added
event devices up to event11 to work around this.

Waiting for Guido to report back on this before I try any further hacks

	Michael