Re: 2.6.14-rc5 uploaded to experimental available at http://people.debian.org/~luther/2.6.14-rc5

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:15:38PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> As I said before, 2.6.8 and 2.6.12 debian kernels panic on boot when
> they're loading the driver for my IDE controller (cmd646 chipset on a
> blue&white G3).  I was trying to install 2.6.14 to see if that fixes the
> problem I was having, but it seems to have its own problems in being
> installed from a system running a 2.4.27 kernel.

Ok, i asked benh, and he mentioned some patches from thibaut varene on the
linux-ide llist, but i don't really have time to go hunting for theme. Could
you find them, and then attach them to soem bug report against linux-2.6, and
we will apply them ? Probably too late for 2.6.14-2, unless you are very fast,
but it should be in 2.6.14-3.

Friendly,

Sven Luther