Oldworld Boot on a Beige G3revII - OpenFirmware 2.4 (266 mhz, ide cdrom+4gb wdc hd)

Hello list,

my experience with boot-floppies on the <see subject> machine:
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/powerpc/ -- neither boot.img nor ofonlyboot.img boot, regardless of which directory (floppy, floppy-2.4) they were taken from, work. Although I've read the issues with unreliable boots from floppies, I doubt that this is the problem, given that the below was realized with the same floppy and no problems at all

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/powermac/images-1.44/ -- whoever created the boot-floppy-hfs.img there - BIG THANKS, it was working instantly, shove it in, linux boots =)

So long,
Christian