Re: backup of the whole hd

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 08:33:24PM -0400, Tamas K Papp wrote:
> Looks like my Powerbook has some hardware problem so I have to ship it
> to Apple for repair.  Before that, I think it would be prudent to make
> a backup --- could people please suggest some tools for that?

My disk was broken as well two weeks ago.  I have an external disk
with an ext3 fs on it. So I rsync -vaP'ed my root and home partition
to two dirs on the disk and back, works like a charm and efficient.
Got 100% recovery with a broken HDD fortunately. :)

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paulvt@debian.org
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | JID: paul@luon.net