Re: Install on OldWorld

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 08:37:13PM +0200, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> So where are we?
> What about the miboot floppy images? Did we progress?
>
> I have several OldWorld waiting to be freed here.
>
> :-)

It is clear that miboot and the official 2.6.12 kernel sources works
fine together.

And that it is possible to make a reasonable kernel fit on a floppy.

I have created various miboot floppy images, but all with special
purpose configurations (nfs-root, ide-hd root) and they seem to put
the CPU in a very slow mode, at least on the performa 5400 on which I
test them. The l2cr cache has been suggested as the problem here, but
I haven't had the time to look into that yet.

As for daily images, there seems to be successfully built images at:

http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
GnuPG key: 1024D/7050614E